Kidnap and Ransom Insurance
A Kidnap and Ransom policy is a necessity for organizations and individuals worldwide. Hiscox helps your clients manage a variety of security risks including threats and extortions against people, property and propriety information.
Many organizations lack the resources and personnel to quickly and professionally respond to threatening situations. We help companies face their legal duty to exercise reasonable care in providing a safe workplace.
- Hiscox Special Protection Solutions - Allows organizations of all sizes to effectively address domestic and international exposures. Click here to watch video.
- Exclusive partnership with Control Risks – An incident response provider, works proactively with policyholders to manage any incident. Control Risks security consultants are deployed domestically or worldwide, usually within 24 hours. For more information on Control Risks, please visit their website: www.controlrisks.com .
- Tailored coverage - Developed through conversations with security directors and risk managers.
Who we cover
- Business/Organizations - All sizes that are at risk for threats, extortions, kidnaps, or whose employees travel nationally and internationally, as well as for businesses with offices overseas.
- Academic Special Protection Solution - Public and private K-12 schools, universities, colleges and academic institutions, including those with day-care facilities. Unique in the marketplace, Hiscox covers study abroad programs and on campus violence.
- Hospital Special Protection Solution - Coverage includes child abductions by a non-custodial parent for all healthcare facilities.
- Houses of Worship Special Protection Solution - Coverage includes threats, disappearances, travel evacuations and assaults for religious facilities.
- Television and Film Special Protection Solution – For studios and production companies. Hiscox coverage includes threats, disappearance, assault, business interruption and emergency relocation and can extend to all cast and crew.
- Personal Special Protection Solution - For high net worth individuals and high risk families who travel nationally and internationally.
Threat Response - United States
The receptionist at a small service company receives a call from a disgruntled customer. The caller threatens to blow up the office. No demands were made or response was requested by the caller.
Express kidnap – Mexico
An American executive of a medium-size organization traveling in Juarez was grabbed while walking to his hotel. He was driven to an ATM machine and forced to take out money before being stripped of his personal possessions. The kidnappers held him overnight and forced him to withdraw more money before they released him.
Extortion - India
An executive of a medium-sized technology company received an email that his children were going to be kidnapped unless a ransom demand was met. The perpetrator demanded $100,000 to be dropped off at a specific location.
Solutions that protect against industry specific threats for various classes:
- Threats to: Kill or injure, Damage property and Divulge confidential or propriety information
- Kidnaps for ransom
- Express kidnaps
- Child abductions
- Hostage situations
- Unlawful incarcerations by foreign governments
- Security related evacuations
- Disappearances of insured persons
- Individuals or organizations declared persona non grata